Saturday 8 May 2010

French Living: The Move to France

After beginning a search for a new home in France, I have discovered the French do not do kitchens. What the hell is that about? I mean who can chop onions, cook a full English breakfast or even attempt a roast dinner, or even steak frites for that matter in a kitchen that has just a sink. Yes, just a sink.

However, on a better note for just 520€ you can get a rather large appartment in Rouen with 2 bedrooms and alot of nice traditional French windows. I have found a place that I could really see myself living in. It has, wait for it. A KITCHEN. A real one.



I never knew seeing a fully equiped kitchen could make me shout, "Love it".
Now, on to some more positive things about French places. They have lots of long, windows that make the rooms very light. Something we seem to not do in England. If you see a French window in England you yell "Love it" as apposed to the taken for granted kitchens. Alot of the places have these gorgeous windows and it just makes me smile to imagine having my croissant and coffee on a summer morning somewhere like this.



I was sold on the kitchen, no more references to kitchens, I swear, the wonderful séjour (living room) and then proceeded to the bedrooms. Quelle horreur!!

Oh my heavenly days. Time to visit homebase get some paint and wallpaper samples! Speaking of which, I must do a post on gorgeous wallpapers.

The sizes of the rooms are perfect and are not putting me off this place. I feel happier than ever to be moving to France and I am desperate to get my hands on a few paint brushes and wallpaper paste to put up something to stamp the place as ours.One last thing, the French do provide on some listings layouts and in 3D too. This is something you never see in England.
This makes it 2-1 to France.


0 comments: